
This is my multi-racial dinner. This dish's name is Gado-Gado. When my mother told me more about this dish, I found out this was actually a Indonesian Traditional Dish. Since, I contemn vegetables, I declined this dish at first, but the moment I started to eat it, I savoured it until the last bit of the dish. This dish is very nutritious as it contains vegetables, tofu, peeled eggs and many other ingredients which are critical to one's life. How? I'll explain it.
1) TOFUTofu, despite its low amount of fat and calories is enriched with calcium,magnesium and iron. Calcium is critical to our bone growth. A Lack of calcium would cause diseases like Osteoporosis and Polio which relates to brittle bones.
Iron from our food is an essential part of hemoglobin - the substance which carries oxygen in the blood. Therefore, Iron is critical for all the parts of the body to function properly and orderly.A Lack of iron in the body would cause diseases like iron deficiency anemia (IDA)which results in people felling very tired, weak and lethargic.Pale Skin, Skin irritation are also some of the effects caused by IDA.Magnesium plays a critical part in the formation of bones and teeth. It is also involved with transmitting nerve signals and causing muscle contractions. Magnesium helps the body balance the levels of fats and proteins. Deficiency in Magnesium could result in diseases like anaemia, frequent cramps, mood swings and irritability.
2)
Vegetables (French Beans)Vegetables like French Beans are rich in Fibre, Vitamin C and other important vitamins. Dietary Fibre pushes against the walls of the digestive tract causing them to stimulate the muscle surrounding the tract to help keep this smooth muscle toned and healthy. It helps bowel movement easier and it adds bulk to your waste, giving you a sense of full feeling. It also flushes out toxins which are harmful to your body. It also plays a critical prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and other intestinal problems as well as helping to prevent appendicitis by keeping the contents of the intestine moist and easy to get rid off. vegetables do normally contain Vitamin C, which is a antioxidant vitamin, helps your immune systems to fight off diseases and prevents diseases such as Scurvy which results to the formation of spots on the skin, spongy gums, and bleeding from the mucous membranes. A person with Scurvy looks pale, feels depressed, and is partially immobilized. In advanced scurvy there are open, suppurating wounds and loss of teeth.
There are endless things to tell about this traditional salubrious dish
Well I gotta finish here, don't want to make my blog such a boring one!
Finishing Off,
Bala(Pro DotA Player)
*** This picture was taken in Ejaz's house as I went to his house on Wednesday.